2 Day Workshop With Key West Pottery
Time & Location
About The Event
The focus of the workshop will be adding narrative to clay. In this workshop, we will be exploring techniques to change a thrown vessel through process to artistic sculpture. During these two days we will be using altering techniques, surface treatments and story telling to do so. The first day will be demos, exploring techniques, and wet work…then letting the work dry over night. The second day will be altering techniques and surface decoration. Color is a huge part of Kelly and Adams work. So, a wide variety of underglazes will be essential.
Day 1 (Sept 21st 12-4pm):
- Introductions and presentation of work.
- Discuss finding narrative in clay.
- Demos of various forms on the wheel.
- Student Work Time (making your wet work on the wheel)
Day 2 (Sept 22nd 12-4pm):
- Review Work & Critique
- Demonstrate underglaze and glaze applications
- Altering techniques
- Student Work Time
- Sold OutMember Price$300$3000$0
- General Admission$375$3750$0